We strongly believe that the child in you should always exit, and so should the vaccinations that come with childhood. Immunization is not just for children. As we grow older the protection offered by childhood vaccinations weans off. Also, various medical conditions predispose adults to various new spectrum of infections against which we may not have been immunized through routine childhood vaccination. In addition now a days people travel world over for business, recreation and adventure. There again lies risk of getting exposed to certain infections which may not be prevalent in India and hence needs added protection through certain vaccines.
These vaccinations prevent hospital admissions and potentially life threatening conditions like pneumonia, meningitis etc. All in all vaccination is THE easiest way of preventing the morbidity and mortality resulting from most of the vaccine preventable diseases.
The benefits of vaccination are not limited to merely preventing the episodes of various infections but some of these can even prevent common cancers e.g. Liver cancer with chronic hepatitis B infection or cervical cancer in females with HPV infection.
Keeping all these things in mind we have launched the adult immunization clinic through Infectious Diseases department. This is one of the unique initiatives as it caters mainly to adult patients and very few centers in whole country offer such a comprehensive and personalized service in this field.
1. Hepatitis A
2. Hepatitis B
3. Tetanus toxoid (TT)
4. TDaP ( Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis)
7. H Influenza B
9. Zoster vaccine
10. Typhoid Vaccine
11. Influenza vaccine
12. Pneumococcal vaccine
13. HPV vaccine
Who should visit:
1. Any person with age > 65 years
2. Persons with:
4. Chronic lung diseases like asthma, COPD, ILD
5. Chronic heart diseases
6. Chronis liver diseases
7. Chronic kidney diseases
9. Persons likely to undergo organ transplant
10. Persons with cancer or on chemotherapy
11. Patients on immunosuppressive therapies for various diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE etc
12. Chronic alcoholic and smokers
13. Females before marriage and pregnancy
14. Persons undergoing splenectomy
15. Persons with history of head injury or neurosurgery
16. Persons planning for out of India travel